Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Guess what time it is!

It's time to go to sleep, actually. But then I remembered that I hadn't posted anything yet today, so here I am, resplendent in my (sleep) depravity. Plus, I didn't want to botch the penance thing already, since it's only day two. Messing things up at this point would just be lame...

**And, um, in case you haven't noticed by now, all of that stuff I said earlier (i.e. half a year ago) about catching up on all the events since last August? Yeah, probably not going to happen. If I feel overly ambitious one day, I might do the Readers' Digest Condensed Version, but looks like you're stuck with in medias res for the time being. Gomen!**

I was at my mountain school today (that's not really the name, but some names have been changed to protect the innocent (and myself from potential lawsuits)). It's not technically on a mountain per se, but it is at the top of a hellish hill. Anyway, I only had one class sixth period, but even so, I still had to be there at 8:30. Normally, it would have been mind-numbingly boring, but luckily I had a three-foot stack of papers to correct. No, no, I'm kidding, it wasn't three feet -- they use metric here, so it's meters. >.> It wasn't that bad, though; it gave me something to do, plus I got to read about the kids' school trip to Hiroshima and Kobe. The only thing is, after you've been reading Engrish essays for an hour straight, no language, native or otherwise, makes sense anymore; I had to keep getting up from my desk to walk around and get more coffee so I could give my brain time to reboot.

Tomorrow I'm at my base school, where I also only have one class all day, but this time it's first period (ugh), so I have to start getting ready for bed fo' realz now. As a bonus, maybe adequate sleep will make my post tomorrow more interesting than this one. One can only hope. In the meantime, a random photo from Japan:



Mata ashita!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I WANT MY SIX MONTH RECAP, DAMMIT!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.