A: About what time will dinner be ready?
B: It’ll be ready (soon/in an hour/tomorrow/when I feel like cooking).
A: What are we having?
B: __________________________.
(kind of food)
A: That’s (great/good/too bad/disappointing/a problem).
B: Why is that?
A: Because I (love it/am really hungry/can’t eat that/wanted pizza instead/am a vampire).
B: Oh, I see.
Meh. I thought it was funny, anyway. And the kids seemed to like it, so it works for me.
After that, I had a six hour layover until English Club after school. >.< So, I did some Japanese homework and updated the English bulletin board. I also had lunch at my desk with our school's Chinese exchange student, which basically means that the two of us ate our bentos while conversing in English about how we don't understand Japanese at all. Heh-heh. We're so multi-cultural...
English Club was pretty interesting. The teacher in charge bought a Scrabble game over the weekend, so I taught the kids to play. Overall, it went well, though it's difficult to keep the game going when most of the words are four letters or less (and no, they weren't swear words -- they don't know too many of those (yet)). And one poor guy got stuck with J, Q, Z, and X, and I couldn't give him much help with those. I think they did well, though, even if they were all muttering "muzukashii" (difficult) under their breaths the whole game. My students are so smart! **beams**
That's all for now. Until tomorrow, here's your random J-photo:
No comments:
Post a Comment