Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What's four months between friends?

Well zipadee-do-dah, look who's still alive! That'd be me, by the way. I think maybe this latest hiatus has been the longest so far, so my apologies if anyone is actually still reading this thing and looking for updates. Gomen nasai! m(_ _)m

Today is 昭和の日 (Showa Day), which is a national holiday, so I have the day off. It honors the Emperor Hirohito's birthday, sort of (remember, WWII guy?). The official purpose of Showa Day is, to quote The Website That Must Not Be Named, "to reflect on Japan's Shōwa period when recovery was made after turbulent days, and to think of the country's future." Hmmm, of course. That's totally what I'm doing, along with everybody else here. Our brows, they are furrowed... >.>

Anyway, that's all I'll say for today; gotta take it slow on these first days back, kind of like when giving food to starving people -- too much, too soon can do more harm than good. I'm gonna eeeeaaase y'all back into reading, let you get accustomed to actually finding updates here again, before I deluge you with words and information. Considerate, no? Also, I'm not feeling particularly verbose today -- too busy contemplating the future of Japan, obviously. ;)

Right. Here's your random J-pic:



またね!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your day off I hope.
D