Monday, July 14, 2008

It's a bittersweet symphony

So the sayonara party for all of the departing JETs was this past Saturday. It was at a nice restaurant in a huge hotel in downtown Nagoya, with great views of the city and with a great tabihoudai and nomihoudai (all you can eat/drink) buffet. Everyone looked very nice too, all dressed up in either evening clothes or yukata; I was also sporting a custom-made yukata, courtesy of my friend, the ever-awesome, multi-talented Hana-chan. Afterwards, a big group of us went to karaoke and we sang and laughed until we were hoarse (at least I was >.>;) and the morning sun was well and truly up...

And I can't believe that so many of these awesome people are leaving. So, without naming names, here's to CanDv, OkaJo, Msn, Shf, TDn, Hb, S-chan, KiwiJ, Mrks, JdH, and Z -- you guys helped a noob to feel welcome, and made Japan into an even more unforgettable experience than it already was. I wish you all the best.

Aaand I seriously need to stop now, or I'm going to get all weepy. So I'm going to think happy thoughts and post your j-pics...









Good times. :)

No comments: